Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1997, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 11 Aug 1997 16:12:17 GMT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Joern Lodahl <jqrn@MI.SPAMFILTR.AAU.DK>
Subject:   QSIM experience?

Our department has been looking for a simulation tool (queueing networks) with graphical modelbuilder interface and interaction with SAS or standard pascal.

Now I realised that SAS Institute has an application called QSIM which is in beta release in 6.12 and 6.11 (a bit more beta apparently :-) It looks like what we need, except for the missing online help, very slow performance and some mysteries which might be due to our lack of experience/training with this tool.

So therefore I ask if any of you guys out there have experiences with qsim? What are the strong and week sides of it? Is it possible to find examples, documentation etc? Does a kind of user group, mailing list or similar exist?

What have I forgot to ask? :-)

Thanks in advance

Joern -- Joern Lodahl - I used to be a Falcon... (remove SPAMFILTR from above address) http://www.mi.aau.dk/~jqrn/ Doing an Industrial Ph.D. in Regional Science/Operations Research. We can learn from history that we don't learn from history!