Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:14:34 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Abdalla Abdel Ghafour Al Smadi <aa118585@OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU>
Subject:      equating question

Hi everybody: I am doing a differential item functioning(DIF) study. I know that if two forms of a test gevin to two samples of people we need to equate scores of one form to be on the same scale as the other form. My question:

What if we have the same group of items gevin to two groups of people, do we still need to equate before analizing for DIF ???

thanks abdalla