Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:54:26 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nichols, David" <nichols@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diff between v7.0 & v7.5
Comments: To: Joel Winter <s994299@UMSLVMA.UMSL.EDU>

There were a substantial number of statistical enhancements made for 7.5. These include enhancements to GLM that allow automatic computation of pairwise comparisons for any main or simple main effect (between or within), user assignment of error terms for some situations not previously available, and a new VARCOMP procedure. LOG REG was enhanced with two pseudo-R^2 measures, a Hosmer-Lemeshow goodness of fit test, a clearer set of model LR test statistics, and the ability to specify a cutpoint for classification other than the default .5. FACTOR, DISCRIMINANT, CLUSTER, QUICK CLUSTER, and PROXIMITIES were moved into the Base module (NLR, CNLR, and LOG REG were moved from the Advanced module to the Professional one), converted for pivot table output, and in the case of FACTOR and DISCRIMINANT, some new features were added. FACTOR will now do analyses on covariance matrices where appropriate, and PROMAX rotation was added. Cross-validation (leaving one out) was added to DISCRIMINANT. I'm probably leaving out a few things as well.

David Nichols Senior Support Statistician SPSS Inc. nichols@spss.com