Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Sep 1997 13:49:58 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Patricia Dewitt <patdewitt@SHORTER.PEACHNET.EDU>
Subject:      Factor Error Message

This is a statistics question: hope it's OK for this list. I am still using SPSSPC v 3.0 but hope to move up to the Windows version this year. I got a warning message while running FACTOR which I'd never seen before: the correlation matrix is ill-conditioned for factor processing. Using the same variable list, I did not get this message when running FACTOR with no switches, but did get it when I tried to save the factor scores. I can't see anything wrong with the correlation matrix and the test for sphericity came out OK. Thanks in advance for any help.