Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997)Back to main REXXLIST pageJoin or leave REXXLIST (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 25 Nov 1997 08:28:17 -0500
Sender:       REXX Programming discussion list <REXXLIST@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gilles Plante <sittel@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: External Internal Functions

George Palma wrote: > > > Is there a good way of making external subroutines behave as > >internal ones? (something like C's #include) I would prefer a portable > >solution, but if there isn't one I can use a DLL specific to OS/2. > > > For OS/2 REXX, this is done simply by using the CALL instruction. When it is used, > it first searches for a built-in procedure (i.e., part of REXX), it then searches for > an internal procedure (part of the active source file), and finally searches the > PATH for an external procedure, which is a REXX program. Thus to call an external > procedure that is contained in a file PROC.CMD merely use: > CALL PROC

The order of search is: 1) internal routines 2) integrated routines 3) external routines

-- Gilles Plante, ing. Les Microsystemes Sittel Ltee 2073 Branly, Sainte-Foy, Quebec, Canada, G1N 4C7 Tel:(418)682-0286 -- sittel@ibm.net