Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997)Back to main REXXLIST pageJoin or leave REXXLIST (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:18:49 -0800
Sender:   REXX Programming discussion list <REXXLIST@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz" <nospam@GSG.EDS.COM>
Subject:   Re: DHCP Server

Andrew Millson wrote:

> The create code is: > > ClassName = 'WPPROGRAM' > Title='DHCP Server' > Location='WP_NOWHERE' > Setup='EXENAME=c:\tcpip\bin\dhcpsd.exe;','PARAMETERS=-v','OBJECTID=<DHCP_Server ';||, > 'NOAUTOCLOSE=NO;','OPEN=DEFAULT'

I'm surprised that you don't get error messages. The commas are wrong unless you had a line break after each one that wasn't shpwn, and the unquted semicolon terminates the statement. You need to correct those errors, plus add a ">" to the end of the object id:

Setup='EXENAME=c:\tcpip\bin\dhcpsd.exe;' ||, 'PARAMETERS=-v','OBJECTID=<DHCP_Server>;' ||, 'NOAUTOCLOSE=NO;' ||, 'OPEN=DEFAULT'

Of course, with the explicit concatenation operators the commas are no longer needed.

Prior to destroying the object you need to close it. There's a function in REXXUTIL to do that if you're reasonably current, but you didn't say what release you're on.

--

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz Senior Software SE

The values in from and reply-to are for the benefit of spammers: reply to domain eds.com, user msustys1.smetz or to domain gsg.eds.com, user smetz. Do not reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org