Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1997)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 26 Nov 1997 14:24:32 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Tverdek, Edward" <etverdek@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: SPSS output
Comments: To: Christopher Gunn <1k1mgm@KUHUB.CC.UKANS.EDU>

Christopher,

GradPack versions of SPSS 7.5.x can indeed be upgraded. The instructions referred to here point out that SPSS GradPack 7.5 cannot be upgraded to 7.5.2 via the downloadable patch, and advise users to call SPSS's Customer Service representatives, who will cheerfully send new 7.5.2 (now 7.5.3) installation media. There was apparently some miscommunication when your colleague called. If he asked literally about "student versions," it's possible that the rep to whom he spoke quite understandably interpreted this as the SPSS Student Version, which is a subset of the standard SPSS base and cannot be upgraded with a patch.

Please let your colleague know that if he has SPSS 7.5, he has an upgrade coming to him that's there for the asking.

Hope this clarifies things,

Ed Tverdek SPSS Technical Support