Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1997, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Dec 1997 20:53:52 -0600
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jeff Shive <Jeffery.A.Shive@VANDERBILT.EDU>
Subject:      multinomial...probabilities

Hi!

This is perhaps a very simple problem (hope so), but ...anyway:

I am fitting a multinomial logit model. The response variable has four values. The very idea is to compare different groups. The qualitative variables included in the model and the group -variable are coded into dummies.

The values of the response variable are labour market states and the question in the study is to compare the effects of different group-membership.

The basic syntax is (in UNIX -environment):

proc catmod data=data1; weight count; direct var1 var2 var3 ... group; response logits/out=data2; model x=var1 var2 var3 ... group; /ml pred=freq; run;

So I get the model as parameter estimates etc. I also get a data set (data2), which contains the predicted probabilities (as frequencies) for each combination of the regressor values.

If I want to present results which tell the model-based probabilities among different groups _when the effects of other variables are being held constant_, how should I simulate/estimate/calculate those "clean" probabilities.

Thanks!

regards, Jukka Halme