Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1998, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 30 Jan 1998 10:54:56 +0100
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Paul Dickman <Paul.Dickman@ONKPAT.KI.SE>
Subject:   Re: Simple program for crosstabs? Excel Macro available.

> I am an attorney that works with statistical evidence, and I was > wondering whether there is a simple statistical program that I > could use to get p values for two-by-two crosstabs. Ideally, I'd > like something that would extract the values from a data base, > but I can imagine a simpler program that would give me statistics > if I just enter the four values.

I wrote an Excel macro, which requires you to enter the four cell counts and then calculates the chi-square test statistic, chi-square with continuity correction, Fisher's exact test, RR, OR, and expected cell counts under the null hypothesis.

The worksheet is 30Kb in size and I'm happy to send a copy to anyone who asks.

I also have another Excel worksheet for estimating relative risks from stratified 2x2 tables. It calculates the RRs for each table, a test of homogeneity of the stratum-specific RRs, and the Mantel-Haenszel estimate of the stratified RR.

This worksheet is also 30Kb in size and I'm happy to send a copy to anyone who asks.

I'll send the documents as MIME attachments, let me know if you'd prefer BinHex or UUENCODE instead.

Paul Dickman --- Paul Dickman, Paul.Dickman@onkpat.ki.se Department of Cancer Epidemiology, Radiumhemmet, Karolinska Hospital, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden Ph: +46 8 5177 5375 Fax: +46 8 +46 8 326 113