Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Feb 1998 21:55:10 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Reid Skeel <rskeel@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Syntax question?

I'm using spss for windows, and have a 3x2x2 (with the first two factors within subjects, and the third between) with a covariate. The full factorial model results results in the covariate being significant in only one interaction. I want to keep that interaction in the model, but drop all the other nonsignificant covariate interactions, and re-run the anaysis.

My question: first is this possible with spss? It sure doesn't seem possible with just using the windows, and looks like I'll need to get into the syntax.

If I am using the syntax, what command allows me to specify what covariate interactions are allowed into the model?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Reid