Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1998, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:56:56 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Rex Chamberlain <chambre@NOSPAMMAIL.NORTHGRUM.COM>
Subject:      Re: batch SAS on Window

Wei,

I tried a little experiment in Win 95.

Got to the Windows Explorer View Options File Types Tab Scroll to and select "SAS System Program" in Registered File Types Window Click Edit Button Select "Batch Submit" in Actions Window Click "Default" button Click Close Button Click Close Button of previous Dialog

Now go to the folder where you have .sas programs and double click on one of them. You will get dialog box telling you where the log and list files are being set and the program is running. When you double click on the log and list files, they come in SAS View Window.

For Win 3.1 (which I don't have to test so I am depending upon my memory): File Manager Select a .sas file in the right window File menu Associations Associate the file with sas.exe exit the associate dialog double click on a .sas file - it may execute.

Let me know if this helped you, Rex Chamberlain Remove caps from my email id to reply.

Wei Wu <WEIWU@ECON.WAYNE.EDU> wrote in article <1E1EE103290@econ.wayne.edu>... > Hi, SAS-Lers: > > Does anybody know how to configure SAS to run SAS file(*.sas) in > batch mode on Windows(3.11/95) ? I want to run SAS files with > extension (.sas) just by double clicking it in the filemanager. > > thank a lot for any help. > > > Wei Wu > Econ. Dept. > Wayne State U. > Detroit, MI 48202 >