Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1998, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:31:22 +1300
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Robin and Charmaine Templer <templer@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: ODBC Universal Driver with MS Access
Comments: To: NMHI MIS <nmhimis@C031.AONE.NET.AU>

I have used it on lots of occaisons, and thoiught I had used it on large datasets. Attempted to confirm this, and got exactly the same results as Tony has reported - i.e. after 10 minutes, MS Access had stopped responding. Dataset was 29mb, 529k records. I could open a dataset with 18k records, but then locked MS Access attempting to scroll !!

NMHI MIS wrote:

> Has anyone experienced any problems in using the > SAS ODBC universal driver (downloaded from the > SAS web site) when using it to read SAS datasets > from MS Access? > > Environment : > - Windows 95 running under a Novell network > - MS Access 97 > - SAS Rel 6.12 > - Using the "link" function from MS Access > rather that importing the dataset > > Symptoms : > - works well with MS Excel 97 > - works sometimes with MS Access with less than > a hundred records > - locks the PC when tring to link a SAS dataset > with thousands of records (around 12MB) > > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > > Tony Romeo > National Mutual Health Insurance > Melbourne, Australia

-- ====================================================================== Robin & Charmaine Templer Email: templer@ibm.net TRAC Consulting Ltd Fax: 64-4-476-4299 Wellington, New Zealand.

[text/x-vcard]

begin: vcard fn: Robin Templer n: Templer;Robin org: TRAC Consulting Ltd adr: 49 Campbell Street;;;Karori;Wellington;;New Zealand email;internet: templer@ibm.net tel;work: 64-25-875-484 tel;fax: 64-4-476-4299 tel;home: 64-4-476-4299 x-mozilla-cpt: ;0 x-mozilla-html: TRUE version: 2.1 end: vcard