Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Mar 1998 17:55:15 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Robert Muzny <MUZNRV@INTEGRIS-HEALTH.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dancing Baby
Comments: To: greg_toland@abtassoc.com

Greg -- the original post was by Philip Mason. A clip of his message is below. By the way, if Philip is reading ... this has put a lot of smiles on crowds during demos!

RVM

Subject: SASTip: Dancing babies in your Frames

Having seen a demo by SAS Institute (UK) last week where they showcased an animation of a Dancing Baby in Internet Explorer, it got me thinking. Can I have Dancing Babies in my clients applications. The answer (of course) is that SAS lets you do almost any crazy thing you like.

Steps:

1 - Get the Dancing Baby video. It is found at many places on the net, here is one. http://irace.net/babycha2.avi

2 - In a Frame, make an "OLE - Insert Object". Check "Create New". Select "Movie Clip (AVI)". If you don't have that option, you will need to install an AVI Activex (or OCX) plugin, from elsewhere.

3 - Name your object VIDEO (for example). Enter the name of an Hservice entry to create, in the object attributes, eg. sasuser.profile.video - Press OK.

4 - Right mouse click on the object, select "Movie Clip AVI object - object" and then "Edit". This allows you to edit the properties of the video. You could now select "Edit, Options" and set the video to auto-repeat & to not display the control bar. Clicking elsewhere in the frame, reinstates the Frame's Pmenus.

5 - There are various actions you can invoke on the object, these are found by going into "Object Attributes" and selecting "Associated Verbs". Now add the following line to your INIT: section call notify('video', '_execute_', 'play') ;

6 - That's all. You will now have a Baby constantly dancing in your Frame, whenever you run it. Of course, you can use this technique for playing other videos in frames. And it looks nicer if you set the Frame background colour to the colour of the background of the video (in this case black).

(My environment: Windows 95, SAS 6.12, Pentium 166MHz, 32Meg RAM)

Philip Mason Freelance SAS Consultant 16 Wood Street, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 0AY, England Phone: +44 1491 834615 Fax: +44 1491 834615 Mailto:phil@wood-st.demon.co.uk

http://www.sas.com/service/doc/pubcat/uspubcat/ind_files/55513.htmlpro ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~