Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:19:42 PST
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tim Berryhill 3rd time <TWB2%Rates%FAR@BANGATE.PGE.COM>
Subject:      Re: similar cases
Comments: To: fabrizio.de-amicis@JRC.IT

Roughly, sort the data and print it. The details depend on what sort of error you expect.

Suppose that you think 5 variables have errors and n-5 variables are perfect. Call them BADVAR1-BADVAR-5 and GOODVAR1-GOODVAR9. You could try:

PROC SORT DATA=ALL.MYDATA OUT=MAYFIX; BY GOODVAR1-GOODVAR9; * Gee, can I use a list in a sort ?; RUN;

DATA _NULL_; SET MAYFIX; BY GOODVAR1-GOODVAR9; IF FIRST.GOODVAR9 THEN PUT // 'New group: ' GOODVAR1-GOODVAR9; PUT BADVAR1-BADVAR5; RUN;

Tim Berryhill - Contract Programmer and General Wizard TWB2@PGE.COM or http://www.aartwolf.com/twb.html Frequently at Pacific Gas & Electric Co., San Francisco The correlation coefficient between their views and my postings is slightly less than 0 ----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:"Fabrizio De Amicis" <fabrizio.de-amicis@JRC.IT>

Hi SAS-L,

I have a SAS dataset with n variables and m observations. Each observation represents a case. Two or more observations are different because some variables values are different, but actually are the same case.

Do you have any suggestion to detect the similar or duplicate cases?

Does anyone have experience in this problem?

Thank you, Fabrizio.