Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 May 1998 09:35:34 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nichols, David" <nichols@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: suppressing outliers in explore
Comments: To: "Parks, Roger B." <parks@INDIANA.EDU>

As far as I know, there is no way to suppress them in initially creating the plots, but at least for the high resolution plots, like the boxplots, you can edit the chart and have them removed. Just activate the chart, double click on one, and then uncheck the appropriate check boxes in the popup dialog that appears. If I recall correctly, the only other place where these appear in a chart in EXAMINE (the procedure called by the Explore dialogs) is in the stem and leaf low resolution line graphs. They would have to be manually edited out of these.

David Nichols Principal Support Statistician and Manager of Statistical Support SPSS Inc. nichols@spss.com

---------- From: Parks, Roger B. [SMTP:parks@INDIANA.EDU] Sent: Thursday, May 14, 1998 8:51 AM To: SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU Subject: suppressing outliers in explore

Is there a way to suppress the inclusion of outliers in plot produced using explore? Thanks!

roger (parks@indiana.edu)