Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 May 1998 10:18:50 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stewart Ravenhall <s.g.ravenhall@CLARA.NET>
Subject:      Re: SAS Windows 95 Installation Failure

cyrille wrote: > > Hello, > > We experienced a problem installing SAS v6.12 on a PII based system. After > installation process, an error occurs in the krnl386.exe program and the > system hangs. After restarting, SAS does not want to run and the system > hangs up again. > > Is this due to the FAT32 system file or is there anything incompatible with > Windows95 OSR2 ? > > Please, please help us since we cannot work at this time with our brand new > Pentium II !!! > > Thanks > > Cyrille.

-- The opinions expressed in this communication are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

I had this problem too, and phoned the SAS Help Desk (in the UK) for assistance. They said that the problem was the USB support, which conflicts with the SAS installation program, and that I should install the FIBERFIX patch or disable USB. I did both of these things but neither worked. I even installed Windows 95a (which does not support USB) but the problem was still there. Version 6.12 TS045 (which fixes this problem) is only a maintenance release so you need to install it over the top of TS020, which is impossible if you can't install TS020 of course.

The Help Desk were very helpful and eager to get it all working but I left the job before it got sorted out. ;-)

Stewart Ravenhall s.g.ravenhall@clara.net