Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Jul 1998 23:38:06 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Nichols, David" <nichols@SPSS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Eta squared
Comments: To: roth jean ellen <j-roth2@UX6.CSO.UIUC.EDU>

The GLM procedure produces only the partial eta^2 measure, which will only match "regular" eta^2 in a single factor design. The older MANOVA procedure will give eta^2 values, but only if METHOD=SEQUENTIAL is used. You'll want to be careful with SEQUENTIAL to make sure that you're getting the sums of squares you want; it's likely to take several runs to get desired etas for multiple terms.

David Nichols Principal Support Statistician and Manager of Statistical Support SPSS Inc.