Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 3 Jul 1998 07:13:57 +0100
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   David Lindsay <spss@MKTRES.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject:   Re: SPSS & Win98

On 2 Jul 98, at 16:41 Jason Hayden wrote:

>I recently ordered a new computer with Windows 98 on it. I was >wondering if anybody out there in SPSS land had encountered problems >while trying to install SPSS 8.0 on a Windows 98 operating system. I'd be >interested in hearing from you so that I can make my own installation as >smooth as possible.

There seems to be a bug with the tables module in v8 that causes tables to be wider than the page, and the memory leak is so bad I have to reboot every few hours when doing graphics.

The upgrade has been temporarily wthdrawn because of installation problems.

I mention these so that you can isolate the problems!

-- David Lindsay Significantly Different! Research Voicemail & Fax:+44(0)118 940 2500. Reading,Berks. GB Market Research Services & Consultancy mailto:davidL@mktres.demon.co.uk & SDResearch@USA.net http://www.mktres.demon.co.uk/