Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Jul 1998 12:57:02 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Paul M. Dorfman" <pdorfma@UCS.ATT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Modular recursion in COBOL and SAS (was: Re:Recursion in
              SAS-the exact query)

Ast,

Thank you for having made my day!

Also, thank you for correcting my poor grammar! Please let me show that I have learned the lesson by writing a grammatically correct sentence: "i dont know nothing about all them big words".

May I return the favor and point out one minor error that has somehow sneaked into your reply? The last time I checked in the Webster's, the correct spelling of the word "becuz" was actually "cuz".

Kindest personal regards,

Paul.

Aston Lexmart, in part, wrote: > > why would you need a recursive call to link. i doubt you can write macros but if > you could you wouldn't need to use link becuz macros are more powerful. if > macros were in cobol like in pl1 nobody would use performs. btw, do you check > your programs the same way you check you grammar? 'attempt' is singular and in > tihs context should of been followed by 'was'. ... > i know people on sas-l are too polite to tell you what they really think. they > may have their reasons but i don't really care and say what i think, and i think > all sas-l community will benefit from it and especially folks who are really > annoyed when they see your name but don't say nothing. > > No hard feelings, > > Ast