Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jul 1998 12:09:31 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         billy <bi933@SCN.ORG>
Subject:      SAS/OR qustion

I have an relatively large optimization problem involving LP and NLP needed to be programed. Could anyone give me some insight on how good is SAS/OR and its LP and NLP procs comparing with some commercial optimization languages such as LINGO, AMPL, MPL and AIMMS? Are they easy to use (program)? Are they powerful and fast enough for problems with over 100,000 constriants? Should I choose SAS/OR or one of the other commercial OR languages? Thank you in advance for any input.

Billy