Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1998, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 30 Jul 1998 16:33:30 GMT
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Kirby H. Wynn" <khwynn@USGS.GOV>
Subject:   Re: randomize data set

I posted a request for help with randomly subsetting a data set. I rececived help but am left with one last portion of the task to complete the job. At this point I need to reshape a data set from this:

TAXON NSITE COUNT asd site3 34 asd site4 123 asd site6 45 asd site7 15 dcf site1 4 dcf site2 56 dcf site3 12 dcf site4 78 dcf site5 3 dcf site6 1 dcf site7 13 ...

To this:

TAXON site1 site2 site3 site4 site5 site6 site7 asd . . 34 123 . 45 15 dcf 4 56 12 78 3 1 13 ...

The resulting file will have one line per unique value for TAXON. There are 7 unique values for variable NSITE that will become . As you can see from the input file not every site (nsite) has an observation for every TAXON.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-- Kirby H. Wynn | Internet: khwynn@uco1dcolka.cr.usgs.gov Hydrologist | U. S. Geological Survey (WRD) Upper Colorado River Basin NAWQA | Bldg. 53, Denver Federal Center Phone (303) 236-2101 x230 | MS 415, PO Box 25046, Denver, CO 80225-0046