Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998)Back to main REXXLIST pageJoin or leave REXXLIST (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:28:31 -0000
Sender:       REXX Programming discussion list <REXXLIST@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Reynolds Rupert <rupert.reynolds@HYDER.COM>
Subject:      Re: How do I copy a file from a "Librarian PDS"?

That error message is due to a limitation of the TSO EXECIO routine. It only processes a sequential DSORG=PS dataset, or a single member of a PDS if allocated by the system so that it behaves like one.

If Librarian provides access routines then you can use them - Rexx ones if given, or any loadable modules using standard MVS linkage via Address LINKPGM etc.

As far as I know, the term 'PDS' is misleading when dealing with stuff like Librarian and Roscoe libraries. They are proprietary formats that can not be easily accessed using standard MVS routines.

Rupert