Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:17:00 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   "McNeilly, Russ" <rmcneill@SPSS.COM>
Subject:   Re: Compatibility of SPSS 7.5.3 with Windows 98
Comments:   To: "Jocelyn.Bisson@UMontreal.CA" <Jocelyn.Bisson@UMontreal.CA>

SPSS for Windows compatibility with Windows 98 Russ McNeilly, 7/14/98- SPSS QA department has completed testing of SPSS for Windows English versions at the 6.1.4, 7.5.3 and 8.0.1 release levels, in the following scenarios:

The software is installed and tested on a Win98 system.

The software is installed on a Win95 system that is subsequently upgraded to Win98

SPSS 8.0.1 for Windows English and SPSS 7.5.3 for Windows English versions install and are compatible with Windows 98. SPSS 6.1.4 for Windows English will not install and is not compatible with Windows 98.

SPSS has not yet tested foreign language versions of the products under Win98, nor have we tested with foreign language versions of Win98. We will do this as time permits, and as software becomes available. Also, Windows 98 compatibility is a now a release criterion for all Wintel versions of SPSS going forward.