Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 14 Aug 1998 23:22:52 +0100
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jon Hanson <hisl@MCMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: SD2 File Type

Jack Shoemaker wrote in message <57D381D888FCD111AB1D00C06D142F582C7FD9@CTNWKMB01>... >The latest issue of Launch came with QuickTime 3.x which I happily installed >as a plug-in for my browser. Happy that is until I realized that it changed >the properties of our beloved SD2 file types. Can anyone send me or point >me to the standard SAS-generated properties for SD2 file types. Thanks ... >and why must these applications clobber each others settings? - Jack > >-- >Jack Shoemaker / Oxford Specialty Management / JShoemak@oxhp.com

Try this, assuming that your using win 95/NT,

Open Explorer, Select "View", "Options" from the menu bar Select the "File Type" tab Select the "SAS System Data Set" from the "registered file types" list Press "Edit" Select "Open" from the "Actions" list Press "Edit" The "Application used to perform action" field should have the value: "C:\SAS\CORE\SASEXE\SASOACT.EXE" action=Open datatype=Data filename="%1" Press "OK", "Close", "Close" All should be fixed.

The values for other "Actions" are "SASView" "Application used to perform action" = "C:\Program Files\The SAS System Viewer\sasview.exe" /dde "Use DDE" = Checked "DDE Message" = [open("%1")] "Print" "Application used to perform action" = "C:\Program Files\The SAS System Viewer\sasview.exe" /dde "Use DDE" = Checked "DDE Message" = [print("%1")] "PrintTo" "Application used to perform action" = "C:\Program Files\The SAS System Viewer\sasview.exe" /dde "Use DDE" = Checked "DDE Message" = [printto("%1","%2","%3","%4")]

Hope this helps. Jon Hanson, Hanson Information Solutions Limited London UK HISL@MCMail.Com