Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:27:02 +0100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Peter Crawford <Peter@CRAWFORDSOFTWARE.DEMON.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: SAS DATE PROBLEM

In article <902810799.1128843.0@[149.148.150.2]>, Jim <jac@WRLC.ORG> writes >Cybie Frontier wrote in message <19980807195842.23956.qmail@hotmail.com>... >>Hello: >>I have a stupid question about doing calculation with date vales > <<snip, snip>> > > Others have given you workarounds: the ultimate solution to any and all >date problems in SAS is to CONVERT the incomming dates to SAS format. Easy, >never fails, and is Y2K compliant (You had better start living with >MMDDYY10. or you will be very, very sorry sooner rather than later).

I'm sure I agree with everything.... up to the preferred format for displaying dates. With a history of confusion on this side of the atlantic between mmddyy and ddmmyy, I'd prefer to hear recommendations of date9. .... and maybe our associates for whom english (beyond SAS) isn't native the preferred formats may be EURDFDEw.# date in an international format similar to DATE., refto610 EURDFDTw.# datetime in an international format, refto610 EURDFMYw.# date in an international format similar to MONYY., refto610

(clip from ts486.txt in the download/technote area of SI ftp server)

-- Peter Crawford