Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Aug 1998 23:14:15 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard A DeVenezia <radevenz@IX.NETCOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: scanning sas files for date formats

Eddie,

Your best bet is to peruse the SASHELP.VCOLUMN. It will tell you the libname, member name, column name and column format.

The hardest part is to ensure that any directory that may contain datasets has a libref to it during your review.

On a PC or network, use Find Files named *.ssd On a Unix box try: find / -name "*ssd*" -print

If these searches turn up a dataset in a directory that is not accessible in your current SAS session you will need to assign a libname to that directory so the dataset will be shown in the SASHELP.VCOLUMN.

Good Luck.

Richard DeVenezia

Eddie Stormont wrote in message <903129491.13743.0.nnrp-10.c2defdbe@news.demon.co.uk>... >To anyone who can shed some light on this topical problem that I pose to >you: > >I am trying to write a program in SAS using a data step that will bring in >SAS files whereby I can scan them for date formats and create a dataset >containing these formats. Any suggestions on how to do this will be greatly >appreciated. I am aware of a SAS module that scans programs during run time >for these date formats but I want to be able to search programs whilst they >are not being executed. Any feedback is welcome. This is to deal with the >millennium problem. > >