Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Sep 1998 15:37:12 -0700
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Steve Holzman <steve_holzman@MAIL.FWS.GOV>
Subject:      GABO-L Coastal Birds

GABO,

This week I attended a workshop on shorebird management. There were associated field trips.

We birded south beach, and the HWY 17 Mitigation Site. Nothing too exciting or unusual to report.

Least, Western, and Semipalmated Sandpipers 2 Whimberels (On Jekyll Causeway) Willets Semipalmated plover Black-bellied plover Sanderlings Dowitcher sp. Marbled godwits Merlin Peregrine Falcon 18 Roseate spoonbills (perched on western tree line near mitigation site)

There has been a steady easterly wind for the last 2 days, so we're hoping for something more exciting bird-wise.

Banding at Jekyll has started off strong (not a day under 100 so far). No rarities yet.

If you are interested in participating in the International Shorebirds Survey program visit the website http://www.manomet.org/ISS.htm or contact Brian Harrington (bharr@manomet.org)

Essentially you survey an area every 10 days to census shorebirds during migration. The size of the area is not important.

Good Birding

Steve Holzman Brunswick, Georgia steve_holzman@fws.gov