Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 4 Sep 1998 11:35:33 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   Lane Mills <wilmills@EASTNET.EDUC.ECU.EDU>
Subject:   Automtically Defining Excel or Access variable lengths

When importing an Excel or Access file, I would like to automatically set the default string variable lengths to be 8 or less so that I can use them in various processes. Is there an easy way to do this other than one-by-one changes? Thanks for any help!

Dr. Lane B. Mills Assistant Superintendent for Accountability and Technology Wilson County Schools 117 N. Tarboro Street Wilson, NC 27894 Ph: (252) 399-7789 Fax: (252) 399-7757