Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (September 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Sep 1998 10:05:35 +0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Joanna <jsmith@SPACE.NET.AU>
Subject:      automating value labels

If someone has an answer to this, it will make my life a lot less tedious. I undertake a lot of surveys in the course of my work and many of them tend to use rating scales with anchors such as: strongly agree, agree, undecided, disagree, strongly disagree.

I use SPSS version 8 to analyse the data and consequently I need to enter a lot of value labels. As many of the variables usually have identical value labels, I have the repetitive task of entering the same value labels for each variable.

Is there any way that I can automate this process? That is how can I instruct the program that the value labels for variable 1 are to be used for variable 2?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Joanna Smith Quality Improvement Officer

-- Joanna ~~**~~ Change the spice to space to reply jsmith@spice.net.au

[text/html]