Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:07:54 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Edward Tverdek <tverdek@INTERACCESS.COM>
Subject:      Re: canonical R

Michael,

The SPSS Advanced Statistics package installs an SPSS macro called "Canonical Correlation.sps" to your SPSS directory. It's an SPSS command syntax file which, provided it is invoked along with two variable lists, will provide canonical correlations. If your GradPack has the Advanced Stats package (I think they all do), you should be able to run it (the macro invokes the MATRIX procedure available only in this module). You'll want to consult your SPSS Advanced Statistics guide for details, however, and to confirm that it will run with variable lists of different lenghts.

Regards,

Ed Tverdek

Michael Conley wrote: > > I am a new user of SPSS graduate pack. I cannot see how to get a canonical r > for two sets of variables with different number of variables in each set. The > GLM multivariate will run a one cell analysis with dependent variables and > covariates but it does not provide a canonical r. Is there a way to do this?? > It does provide all of the multiple r's but I would like to get the canonical > r between the canonical varibles. Thanks for any advice.