Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:19:47 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Siyan Wang <siyanwan@RCF.USC.EDU>
Subject:      Questions about SAS/IML
Comments: cc: sas-l@vm.marist.edu, sas-1@vtvml.cc.vt.edu

I get some problem using SAS/IML. so I would like to ask for your help.

1. I have a SAS data set, which consist of 18 variables and 360 observations. I want to use this data set to creat a matrix consisting of 17 variables (row) over all 360 observations (colomn). Also, I want to use the variable left to creat a colomn vector.

2. I used PROC CORR procedure to calculate a 20 by 20 covariance matrix, The statement used is PROC CORR DATA=IR.RES_N NOMISSING NOSIMPLE NOCORR OUTP=IR.COV_N COV; How can I read these covariance into a matrix by IML?

3. How can I do Kroneker product? For example, the Kroneker product of a 3 by 3 identity matrix and a 4 by 4 matrix Q is / Q \ | Q | \ Q / i.e. the Kroneker product is a 12 by 12 block diagonal with matrix Q as the diagnol blocks and 0 for all other elements. I could not find the proper operator or function in the manul.

Thank you very much.

Siyan