Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:50:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Iwaniszek <jiwanisz@QCHN.QUINTILES.COM>
Subject:      Re: Stored compiled macros: multiple catalogs

You should take the error message tho heart. The stored sas macro facility is very limited and has the appearance of a poorly maintained afterthought. The best way currently to create libraries of macros is to use the autosource options and name every thing .sas. One warning: The manual leads one to believe that he should use liibname to specify the name and location of you macro library, but he actually must use filename.

John

Malcolm Bavington <m.bavington@MEDEVAL.COM> on 10/29/98 09:42:47 AM

Please respond to m.bavington@medeval.com

To: SAS-L@VTVM1 cc: (bcc: John Iwaniszek/QCHN/Quintiles) Subject: Stored compiled macros: multiple catalogs

Hi!

Does anyone know how, in the same SAS session, to effectively change the SASMACR libref? Or even if it can be done? That is, to switch between different catalogs of stored compiled macros during a given SAS session, located in different places on my computer?

I have tried setting

OPTIONS NOMSTORE

beforehand, but still get

ERROR: Unable to clear or re-assign the library <SASMACR> because it is still in use.

in the LOG.

Is there any way to clear or de-assign SASMSTORE - or set it to null, as an interim - before reassigning, does anyone know? Or do I have to end & restart my SAS session completely?