Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 12 Dec 1998 18:09:36 -0500
Sender:   Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   artworksbylydia <artworksbylydia@THEBEST.NET>
Subject:   No Eider

Hi Everyone, Mike Chapman and I looked for the Eider this morning and it was not there. There were good views of Black Scoter and Lesser Scaup. The Oldsquaw was there and a few Surf Scoters. On the way back from Folkston in the afternoon the tide was high, so I stopped at the mitigation sight on US 17. There were: 2 Whimbrels, 2 Killdeers, 14 Greater Yellowlegs, 30 white Ibis, 10 Willets, 100+ Short-billed Dowitchers, 50 Dunlins. Further along US 17 there was another large flock of shorebirds but they flushed when I stopped and would not settle back down. That had Black-bellied Plovers, Dunlins, Western Sandpipers and Least Sandpipers.

Lydia

Lydia C. Thompson St. Simons Is. Ga. 31522 artworksbylydia@thebest.net