Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 1998, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Dec 1998 10:03:18 GMT
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         christopher <appreciate@BIGFOOT.COM>
Subject:      I have made a careless mistake

Hi, Recently, I go to a company to request some datasets. The company use a quite old SAS system. I use the PROC UNIVARIATE BY to output a dataset. But I forget to sort the source dataset before I use BY. I have seen the log file having no warning and error message. Is that mean the source dataset have already been sorted? I know that the new SAS system will give a error message when the dataset have not sorted properly.

Thanks