Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jan 1999 03:30:47 EST
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Rick West <RickLWest@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Call for Assistance from PIF
Comments: cc: steve_holzman@MAIL.FWS.GOV, rdtanker@utk.edu,
          todd_schneider@mail.dnr.state.ga.us

In a message dated 99-01-12 14:45:21 EST, Steve Holzman fowarded a call for volunteers to help survey woods patches in a PIF project. I think that is a good idea. I also will help you get twice as much out of your time in the field.

If you will mail or email a description of the patch of woods you are asked to survey, I will send you an Breeding Bird Atlas field card and a grided map of the same patch which will show the boundaries of our study blocks. That way you can fill out a field card for the resident species and newly arrived breeders. Every bird counts: migrants for PIF and Breeders for the Atlas! How could you lose?

Your first step is to contact Roger Tankersley, rdtanker@utk.edu, and ask him for the PIF information for your area so that you can select your woods from the sites he offers.

Good birding,

Rick West Publicity and Recruitment Committee GA Breeding Bird Atlas Tallahassee (800)707-4382