Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:55:45 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Robert Morlock <rmorloc1@SMTPGW.IS.HFH.EDU>
Subject:      Grouping by Month and Year (?)

Does anyone know of an efficient way to group by month and year?

I have a date variable MMDDYY and want to get at the means of another variable by month and year. For example I need the average of X for each month 1/97, 2/97, .... ,12/98.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Rob Morlock Henry Ford Health System Center for Clinical Effectiveness