Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:48:44 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   shailendra@CANADA.COM
Subject:   SPSS 8.0

In a perfect regression analysis, we need interval or ratio scaled variables.

Well I donít have these. My dependent variable has Likert Scaling (1-to-5, where 1 is poor and 5 is Excellent). My independent variables have nominal scale. Well, nominal scale can be converted into dummy variables (0,1) so it they can be treated as an interval-level scale.

What you say about my dependent variable?

My another concern was collinerarity effect of independent variables. I am expecting correlation between some independent variables. How do you treat them if one or two variables are correlated? Also is there any correlation benchmark for accepting variables, which seems to be correlated?

Thank you,

Shailendra

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Get free personalized email from Canada.com at http://www.ehmail.com