Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Jan 1999 16:28:20 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Brucken, Nancy" <Nancy.Brucken@WL.COM>
Subject:      Unfamiliar CALL EXECUTE syntax

I copied the following code excerpt from a message posted back in 7/97 by Bruce Kayton and it works, but I can't explain it, having never seen the !!objname!! syntax used here. Could someone please explain what is happening here? The code looks like:

data _null_; set sashelp.vcatalg (where=(libname='WORK' and memname='GSEG')); call execute('%replay('!!objname!!');'); run;

It goes through the sashelp.vcatalg table and pulls off graphics entries, and then eventually calls a PROC GREPLAY to replay each entry. I think the catalog entry name is being passed to !!objname!!, but as I said before, I've never seen that syntax before, and I couldn't find it anywhere in the on-line help.

Thank you very much in advance, Nancy

Nancy Brucken Parke-Davis, QIP (734) 622-5767 Internet address: Nancy.Brucken@wl.com