Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Jan 1999 14:00:52 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         tra <tra@PROTEUS.CO.UK>
Subject:      Re: formal problem
Comments: To: Hans-Peter Piepho <piepho@WIZ.UNI-KASSEL.DE>

Hans-Peter

I think you can do this with a user-defined format

The simplest way would be to use proc format cntlin=????;

where cntlin is constructed with a datastep.

Here is some untested code:

proc format; value asc 65='A' ; run; proc format cntlout=cntlout(where=(fmtname='ASC')); run; data cntlin; set cntlout; do start = 32 to 127; label = byte(start); end; run; proc format cntlin=cntlin; run;

Hope this helps Tim Auton

-- T R Auton PhD MsC C.Math Head of Biomedical Statistics Proteus Molecular Design Ltd email: tra@proteus.co.uk