Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 1999, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:43:05 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   RHODESD1 <RHODESD1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:   Re: Hospital revenue codes

If you are actually talking about the Current Physician's Terminology (CPT4) codes, they are proprietary, They "belong" to the American Medical Association. HCFA is not allowed to "publish" them in the same format as the AMA sells in its book. You can probably buy it at amazon.com.

There is no reason why we cannot exchange SAS formats that use these codes, though, as far as I know. I have done so in the past, but no longer this version of them at work. Maybe someone else still has a copy.

Dianne Louse Rhodes Westat rhodesd1@westat.com

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:03:24 -0600 From: Rob Rohrbough <rob@ROHRBOUGH-SYSTEMS.COM> Subject: Re: Hospital revenue codes

Yes, we are, and I thought they were not proprietary. I am not sure why = HCFA does not post the revenue code descriptions at their site. Perhaps = they do not originate them. As you have surmised, I know little about = their origination.