Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:37:47 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gene Maguin <emaguin@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU>
Subject:      Sum of squares types in glm/manova procedures

Listmembers,

Can anyone suggest some references providing a clear and thorough discussion of the different sums of squares options provided by spss. In particular, i would like to read an explanation of the rationale of each, how each is computed, advantages and disadvantages of each and which types of problems/questions are best suited to each type. I am already looking for both Roger Kirk's and BJ Winer's books. Are there other books out there that might provide better answers to my questions.

Thanks in advance, Gene Maguin