Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Feb 1999 15:15:18 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Marġa Elena Garcia" <MARIA_ELENA_GARCIA@WCJ.COM>
Subject:      Temporary Variables

Hi everybody: I have the following problem: I have to calculate a dicotomus variable ( one taking only to values) but the if condition that determines which of the two values it must take, depends on the mean of another variable of the data base. I would like to know whether there is a way to create a temporary variable that calculates it and then use it in the if-clause. Thank you very much, Maria Elena.