Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:23:18 GMT
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Heinz Tuechler <tuechler@GMX.AT>
Subject:      Re: SPSS output

On 25 Feb 1999 14:06:13 GMT, mbraner@gnu.uvm.edu (Moshe Braner) wrote:

> >: >You can set the output type to plain text in SPSS 8.0 and higher. But I'd >: >recommend rightgrading to version 6.1.3. Faster, both in startup (much >: >faster) and execution (slight edge). Paste your output in excel ... > >After trying out 8.0, I'm now using 6.1.4. > >- Moshe

You are not the only one, who does this. Me and all my colleges, who usually produce lenghty output do the same. As far as I have tried, draft output is no good substitute for the ordinary output listings of versions up to 6. Admittedly I tried SPSS 8 only for some hours. Then I decided to switch back to 6. I would strongly appreciate, if the old output format was reintroduced as one option! There was another problem I could not solve: in lower versions charts are stored in the SPSS-cht-format, so you can first produce a lot of them, and later, if you need one or the other, you can change the format of this few. In SPSS8 it seemed not possible to store charts in a format that can be worked with like the original cht-format.