Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Feb 1999 17:45:39 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Berryhill, Timothy" <TWB2@PGE.COM>
Subject:      Re: (MVS) PEEK and PEEKC to get at CPU time
Comments: To: "Kowalczyk, Andrew" <AKowalczyk@NT.DMA.STATE.MA.US>

Andrew, The message of the day claims I am running MVS/ESA V4.3.0 - DFSMS V1.3 - JES2 V3.1.3.

I ran your suggestion and got:

ASCBEJST=5.663025

ASCBEJST=5.866647

NOTE: The data set TESTMDMA.MDMALOG has 3240 observations and 11 variables.

INFO: Composite index FULLNAME defined.

INFO: Single index GDGNUM defined.

NOTE: The DATA statement used 1.05 CPU seconds and 5745K.

NOTE: The SAS session used 5.19 CPU seconds and 5745K.

NOTE: SAS Institute Inc., SAS Campus Drive, Cary, NC USA 27513-2414

The total, 5.86 is close to the 5.19 for the job. The delta, 5.86-5.66 is pretty small compared to the reported step time. I will run some other trials.

Tim Berryhill - Contract Programmer and General Wizard TWB2@PGE.COM or http://www.aartwolf.com/twb.html Frequently at Pacific Gas & Electric Co., San Francisco The correlation coefficient between their views and my postings is slightly less than 0

PS: QW -- command not found