Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:42:48 -0500
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Thom Harrison <tharriso@CENNET.MC.PEACHNET.EDU>
Subject:      Non-avian species

Birders,

For what it's worth again, I get most of my birding and other nature study vicariously from the net these days. I teach English, so I don't have much excuse to play in the woods. My interest hasn't slackened, but opportunity is much reduced.

I look forward to the sightings posted here, and to the RBAs. I send the RBAs and other items of interest--including the pocket gopher stuff--around to other people on campus who have expressed an interest.

Birds seem to generate more interest on the whole than other species--for one thing, they're easier to see and abundant. So I don't think pocket gophers are in any danger of chasing birds off GABO-L.

As far as I'm concerned, bring on the pocket gophers, frogs, salamanders--er, the slippery kind--whenever there's a need. I may not be able to help, but I'm always interested.

Thanks for listening.

TCH

Thom Harrison Division of Humanities Macon State College 100 College Station Drive Macon, GA 31206-5144 tharriso@cennet.mc.peachnet.edu http://www.faculty.mc.peachnet.edu/harrison/