Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:27:53 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:   GORRELP1 <GORRELP1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:   Re: <no subject>
Comments:   To: Gary Tiedens <gtiedens@NJCMAIL.UPS.COM>

Here's one way:

64 data one; 65 input var1 $12.; 66 put var1=; 67 datalines;

VAR1=xyzspflogaaa VAR1=xvbvjgfngkff VAR1=spflogkhkhkf VAR1=tetetespflog VAR1=ghjgkgkgkgkg VAR1=ytytytspflog

NOTE: The data set WORK.ONE has 6 observations and 1 variables. NOTE: The DATA statement used 0.05 seconds.

74 ; 75 run; 76 77 data two; 78 set one; 79 where index(var1, 'spflog') ne 0; 80 run;

NOTE: The data set WORK.TWO has 4 observations and 1 variables. NOTE: The DATA statement used 0.05 seconds.

81 82 data _NULL_; 83 set two; 84 put var1; 85 run;

xyzspflogaaa spflogkhkhkf tetetespflog ytytytspflog NOTE: The DATA statement used 0.05 seconds.

____________________Reply Separator____________________ Subject: <no subject> Author: Gary Tiedens <gtiedens@NJCMAIL.UPS.COM> Date: 3/8/99 3:41 PM

Hello all,

I have a dataset with over 600,000 observations in it. I am trying to extract only those obs. that have the word spflog in it. I tried the scan function and the result that I received were not what I wanted, I also tried substr. Any ideas.....

xxx.xxxx.spflog.xxx xxx.spflog.xxx.xxxx

Gary E Tiedens United Parcel Service