Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:19:23 +1100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tim CHURCHES <TCHUR@DOH.HEALTH.NSW.GOV.AU>
Subject:      Re: sas @ home -Reply
Comments: To: MSD@INEL.GOV

Mark S Dehaan writes: > but as I recall wrt private consulting, when I spoke with SAS they > made it clear that I could only "take a copy home" if I used it for projects > from my employer Lockheed-Martin (who purchased and owns the > license). I may not be remembering right - if anyone knows for sure I > would appreciate corrections. > I KNOW that when I asked about contracted work to be done for the > EPA - they said I could be under the EPA license, but ONLY for the EPA > work.

Mark,

Yes, that is correct. SI allows direct employees and contractors/consultants to use SAS at home (as long as someone else is not using the same licensed copy at work at the same time...), but only for work done for the employer. You can't use one employer's copy of SAS to do work for another employer.

Tim Churches