Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:11:48 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Ashiru, Babatunde" <AshiruB@WHITEOAKSEMI.COM>
Subject:      SAS/AF Object Manipulation

Hi all,

I just recently returned from a intro to Building SCL Applications Using FRAMES class and have some questions for AF gurus out there. I am building what will amount to a multiple windows data extraction interface tool; users of this apps will have close to 4 different list boxes, numerous checkboxes, textboxes and more to contend with. Attributes of the list boxes will preclude allowing users to make multiple selections per listbox ... a graphic text object on top of each list box will popup upon selection of any item on the list box ... this graphic text object could be used by users to toggle back-n-forth between displaying all selected items (on the listbox) only or show all items of the the listbox as dynamically populated by a sas dataset. My first question, am sure there will be more questions as I get more involved later, is: how could I show just the selected items on the list box only when user click the graphic text toggle? I have gotten as far as writing the scl code to populate the list box; graphic text object toggles back-n-forth showing "Shoe Selections" and "Show All." My next move is to use the _get_value_ method of the list box to obtain currently selected items and subsequently display them upon the click of the graphic text ... any hints? I am aware of the fact that the _repopulate_ method could be used to reset the listbox back to it's original listings.

Please help a struggling SAS/AF begginner. Examples given in SAS/AF Software: FRAME Class Dictionary are short and tarse at best.

Thanks in advance. Babatunde