Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:57:37 +1100
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tim CHURCHES <TCHUR@DOH.HEALTH.NSW.GOV.AU>
Subject:      Re: SAS and Customer Relationship Management -Reply
Comments: To: ljones@BINGHAMTON.EDU

Lary,

An SPSS banner add appears on the Web page above the search results, not in the actual results. It may only work if you go directly to the AltaVista web site at www.altavista.com - if you access AltaVista via a "portal" you may not see the same banner adverts.

Tim C

>>> Lary Jones <ljones@BINGHAMTON.EDU> 12/March/1999 05:17am >>> At 01:09 PM 3/11/1999 +1100, Tim CHURCHES wrote: >I generally detest all forms of advertising and marketing, but it is hard not to be impressed by a smart strategy. ... I did a search for PRODAS using the AltaVista search engine (http://www.altavista.com). Seems that PRODAS is also the name of a marine science data reduction package, so I added the word SAS to the search. ...

I did not get these results. Perhaps I needed to look deeper in the list. One gets somewhat differing returns based on the way the query is phrased. I did get a lot of references to (smile when you read this ;-)

Arrow Tech PRODAS description PROjectile Design and Analysis System.

Model Editor Allows input and modification of projectile models, along with tabular geometric properties and brief mass properties analysis.

Mass properties Analysis Compute the mass properties of the projectile Weight, Center of Gravity and Moments of Inertia

Aerodynamic Analysis Computes a complete set of aerodynamic force and moment coefficients .

Trajectory Simulation _______________________________________________________ Lary Jones % Statistical Computing Analyst Computing Services % .......................... Binghamton University % LJones@Binghamton.EDU Binghamton, NY 13902-6000 % (607) 777-2879