Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 1999, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:44:52 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU>
From:         Richard Cooke <Richard.Cook@PRUDENTIAL.CO.UK>
Subject:      Again - directory from which program has been run

Doesn't the filename to 'mdir' just pick up the Windows 'start in' directory, which must be your sas\intrnet\ ? ---------------------- Forwarded by Richard Cook/LONDON/Prudential on 03/18/99 12:42 PM ---------------------------

ownersasl0001 [SMTP.ownersa2]@SSW on 03/17/99 09:43:26 PM To: "DDA.RFC-822=SAS-L@UGA.CC.UGA.EDU/P=Internet/A= /C=us"@SSW cc: bcc: From: ownersasl0001 [SMTP.ownersa2]@SSW Location: , , Extension: Date: 17 March 1999, 9:43 p.m.

Again - directory from which program has been run

Whoops. Complications now that I've moved the chunk of code to the web server. It worked fine on my PC but appears to pick up the wrong directory on the server.

Rather than picking up the directory where the program lives, it's picking up the \sas\intrnet\ directory. I thought I might find the broker.exe file in this directory ( the CGI script actually executing the SAS program ), but I didn't. The only executables or SAS system programs in this directory are: permdata, reset and srvauto.

Any idea why it's picking up the wrong directory?

The code I'm using is:

%global mylog current;

%let rc=%sysfunc(filename(mydir,.)); %let current=%sysfunc(pathname(&mydir));

data _null_; x=trim("&current")||"\log\log.txt"; call symput('mylog',x); run;

filename mylog "&mylog"; proc printto log=mylog new; run;

TIA

"WorldSecure Server <prudential.co.uk>" made the following annotations on 03/18/99 13:46:58 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] -- Access Manager: This email is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. Prudential cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of the Prudential. In addition no statement should be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the United Kingdom.